Author Topic: designing  (Read 5788 times)

Offline WarrenG

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
designing
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »
anyone see the trailers for halo reach... its new forge system looks awesome... i like creating if i could create maps for this site... maybe using a map creator feature "" and put hexigons werever i liked that would be really cool....its not that simple is it?
dotted lines rock!
Logic > Strategy

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
Re: designing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 03:21:10 AM »
The map process as a whole is very involved.  I do have it in mind to at least provide a template that you can mark-up in Paint or other generic drawing program, to propose map designs.  The Hex brand maps are 15 rows by 20 columns with the top left hex being higher than that of the first hex in column two.  I believe atatchments are allowed in this forum but a screen cap would also suffice.

Offline WarrenG

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:38:48 AM »
paint ... well i have a program named lux i can use for craeting maps ^^.... or i can steal thier maps for u?
Logic > Strategy

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:43:02 AM »
I am familiar with Lux.  The operators are jerks, major jerks as are some of their community members.

For legal purposes, as Lux operators and some community members are jerks, the preceding is stated as one person's opinion which may not me representative of the entire Lux community of jerks.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:45:50 AM by Peacemaker »

Offline WarrenG

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 04:55:15 AM »
i have lux, want me to help u steal?
Logic > Strategy

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:02:46 AM »
Thanks, but Strategy Gamers does not condone such actions. You are welcome to suggest any non-copyrighted material for maps on this site.  Incidentally, Lux maps are mostly provided by volunteers and thus are common domain.  Strategy Gamers would at least give credit to designers.  Given that Lux is watching this site, I'll state that I respect copyright... they better do so as well.

Lux - Jerks

Offline WarrenG

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 05:24:54 AM »
lol and i did... somewhere else in this forum.... and yes it was made by a volunteer..but cmon... they have 800+ maps and only 30 are actually made from the lux owners...your bound to have similar ones anyhow, u want my maps? they suck lol
Logic > Strategy