Author Topic: Game Manual  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Aces of Dies

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
Game Manual
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:56:22 AM »
Is there one?

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
Re: Game Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:52:36 AM »
Yes, on the main page of the Hex brand game.  Click the How to Play link on the left side (2nd link from the top).

http://www.sgamers.com/brand_hx/howtoplay.php

Offline Aces of Dies

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 11:59:49 PM »
oh duh.  I still looking for an explaintion of regions.

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
What's the question?  I can add to the how to.  A work in progress.  Also, I am working on a map guide which will explain how the four different map types work. you've only had access to the first two map types BTW.

Offline Aces of Dies

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »
I didn't realize you were working on a map guide still. I bet that will answer my questions.  I was wondering how regions work. I appreciate the opportunity to provide input on the ''how to play'' . And, I will see what i can find.

In the mean time.
Peacemaker,
You have done a fantastic job with this site. If no one has said thank you for your hard work today. Please allow me.  THANK YOU .
This looks like a lot of fun.

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 05:18:09 AM »
Thanks a bunch Aces.  It's nice to hear people enjoying it, even in its not ready for prime time state of being.

Regions are akin to continents in Risk.  I employ the more neutral term "regions" for Hex but may use the traditional "continents" for the next game to debut, not too long from now, which uses a classic world map motif.  Exactly like continents, regions grant you bonus reinforcements when you occupy all of the hexes within that region.  The Region button on the gameboard allows you to see the name, value, and number of areas in each region and also enables you to click the name of the region to highlight its member areas.  For games using the random map feature, you may determine the number of regions during game creation.  This allocates an equal number of areas to each region, leaving the remainder, if any, simply outside of any region.  For example a 42 area map with 10 regions (4 areas each) would leave the right bottom two hexes as not in a region.  Given the randomness of random maps, it is highly possible for a region to contain non-adjacent hexes, with some hexes at the bottom of the map and the remaining positioned at the top of the map.  Challenging!