Author Topic: A couple of items  (Read 5609 times)

Offline noidea

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
A couple of items
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:01:14 PM »
I noticed a couple of grammatical errors in your instructions on Hex.  "...When you select (one) of your areas..." and "...No Action:...must be used (to) change..."  Also, it's not really obvious to someone unfamiliar with this kind of website how to get to the game.  I know that I need to click on the table with the game information now, but I had to click all over trying to figure that out.  Also, there was a message when I clicked on one and the game hadn't started, "Game not started", Turn Log, "Turn (Data not exist)" - I'm not sure whether I should have seen that message.  Also, (rather than having a separate note under the homepage discussion), it would be helpful to have a drop down option for the games or some instructions on how to navigate on the homepage.  As clueless as it may be, it wasn't immediately obvious to click on the icon.  It could just be that I'm new to it, but I thought that I would let you know.  Finally, I had the game hang up on me when I was doing the turn and I tried to transfer armies, but then changed my mind and clicked on "no action".  It was the 2-person game that I'm in.  It hung up with the armies on the game board on the lower left.  I had 3 hexagons with 5 armies each.  I think that I was actually able to airlift from two of them (up to the upper left hexagon) even though I'm only supposed to be able to airlift once.  I'm not positive though. After that, it got hung up when I clicked on the third hexagon of five armies.  Also, it would be nice to have a way to cancel what you were doing, let's say, you decide not to change anything.  If I click the back button, it takes me out of the game.  I didn't see anything else to click to cancel what I was currently doing in favor of doing something else.  For example, I made a move to transfer from one hex to another.  Then, I thought that maybe I didn't want to transfer, I clicked on the hexagon again to change it to something else, but changed my mind and decided that I wanted to leave the move.  I didn't see anyway of getting out without either hitting the back button or clicking "no action" an starting over with that hex. 

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of items
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:10:11 AM »
Re: airlift, your 2-player game is using a 3D map.  Each layer connects to the one above/below it.  On my to do list is a guide to the available maps to detail the special features of each.

"After that, it got hung up when I clicked on the third hexagon of five armies."

When choosing actions, the pattern is first area selected starts the action, second area receives the action such as an attack or transfer.  Clicking a third area does nothing.  You would need to click the first or second area again to deselect.

"Also, it would be nice to have a way to cancel what you were doing, let's say, you decide not to change anything.  If I click the back button, it takes me out of the game."

From the How To Play guide.  "Use the No Action button to undo all of the actions in the selected map area. This must be used change the actions that have already been input."  The No Action button is atop the Actions list.  You should not use the Back button as it may cause the game board to hang.

Thank you for all of your comments.  Every little thing helps improve the site.

Offline WarrenG

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:32:05 AM »
personally i find the site easy to manuver around and with all these freakin buttons im finding something new every day
Logic > Strategy

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 05:12:11 AM »
Understood, add more buttons.

Offline WarrenG

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 05:17:26 AM »
do these new buttons have dotted line attachments ???
Logic > Strategy