Author Topic: Member Meet Ups  (Read 5136 times)

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 16.0 Firefox 16.0
    • View Profile
Member Meet Ups
« on: December 02, 2012, 07:41:52 AM »
This is a topic I like in any good community site.  I've had the pleasure of meeting multiple online gaming friends.  Adding a face and a warm handshake or fond embrace to an avatar or online handle is always a good way to further relationships.

Most recently I took advantage of a business trip to the Los Angeles California (USA) area to connect with Sir Osis of Thuliver.  My wife and two little kids were good enough to accompany me.  I like to show off my kids; my best work yet as I like to say.

SOoT and his wonderful spouse joined us for an early dinner at Bubba Gump restaurant and then spent some more time milling about the area (Universal Studios something something mega restaurant and buy some stuff zone).  SOoT is every bit the gentleman in person as I've had the pleasure to come to know through our online connection for nigh on a decade now.  He is an interesting guy who hit the jackpot with his wife, who like mine, gives immense leeway for the ludicrous number of hobbies, interests, and late nights (aka approaching sunrise) we habitually enjoy.

As a long time supporter of my efforts with Strategy Gamers and positive model for the good sportsmanship ethic I espouse here, I am very grateful to SOoT and want to give a big thank you to him for the decade of fun, gaming, engaging forum discussion, and most recently for making the effort to join me to break bread and share a few laughs and get to know each other in person even for just a short while (at some point I legally need to let my kids sleep).

------------------------------------------------
Have an opportunity to meet up with another player - go for it, and tells us about it to grow our community.

Thanks,
Peacemaker

Offline Sir Osis of Thuliver

• Subscribers
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: Member Meet Ups
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »
Yup, a good time was had by all. Excellent to meet you and your brood...

Offline New Dawn

• Subscribers
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 17.0 Firefox 17.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »
Well I don't have it too easy to meet my fellow coplayer. The closest player I have should be sicktrain and he isn't playing anymore... Urpola is not so far away either but who wants to go to Finland?

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 01:48:26 AM »
Hehe.  I did go to Finland but missed an opportunity to meet Sicktrain due to his schedule.