Site-Wide Topics (non-game specific) > Forum Function

Standards

(1/1)

WarrenG:
what i want to address is what I can and can't do, u know like rules, is this site pg13? no swearing, or AA18? no kids allowed.. are there any hack related things that are illegal? i dunno just my thoughts, u know... no advertising... links and such,

Peacemaker:
The site will not be age restricted because it is an impossibility to control.  Hateful language will not be tolerated (racist, denigrating, intolerant).  This is subjective of course but unavoidably so.  I will not forbid swearing across the board because it is in effect a part of language, however, if inappropriate, it will beget a warning.  If you were to post, "Damn that was brutal", there won't be a public outcry.  If swears pepper your language constantly, then that would be undesirable.  The consideration here is the broader audience and each member's ability, if not responsibility, to maintain a site filled with good people.  We want to keep good members, not drive them out.  The path of loose language usually leads to loose attitudes in other important areas.

There will be appropriate forum sections for clearly off topic subjects that would beget links or discussion to other game sites and such.  I'm not going to prevent discussion about competing games and such if that's your question.  In fact I plan to make specific forums for such discussion.

In short, I ask that you don't hack the site, don't swear, and don't come to the site specifically to promote another site, product, etc.

IAB:

--- Quote from: Peacemaker on June 24, 2010, 01:37:49 AM ---The site will not be age restricted because it is an impossibility to control.  Hateful language will not be tolerated (racist, denigrating, intolerant).  This is subjective of course but unavoidably so.  I will not forbid swearing across the board because it is in effect a part of language, however, if inappropriate, it will beget a warning.  If you were to post, "Damn that was brutal", there won't be a public outcry.  If swears pepper your language constantly, then that would be undesirable.  The consideration here is the broader audience and each member's ability, if not responsibility, to maintain a site filled with good people.  We want to keep good members, not drive them out.  The path of loose language usually leads to loose attitudes in other important areas.

There will be appropriate forum sections for clearly off topic subjects that would beget links or discussion to other game sites and such.  I'm not going to prevent discussion about competing games and such if that's your question.  In fact I plan to make specific forums for such discussion.

In short, I ask that you don't hack the site, don't swear, and don't come to the site specifically to promote another site, product, etc.

--- End quote ---

Damn, those rules are brutal...

WarrenG:
seems extremely leinient... may i be a moderator ;D
i noticed themes are all similar... all blue, if u know what im talking about i would like a green option... maybe black for IAB...but if its considered...green first ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version