Author Topic: Pre-Beta Testing!  (Read 12617 times)

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
Pre-Beta Testing!
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:02 AM »
It's official.  Strategy Gamers is in Alpha stage game testing for the Hex brand game.  A long list of fixes and updates is ongoing as we prepare for full Beta stage.  In the mean time, if you found your way here, please play Hex and let us know the details of any issues you find with the game.  Note that a few features are not presently active, such as Duels games and sprucing-up the interface will come shortly.  Also, full browser testing in Firefox, Safari, and Opera is not yet completed so any noticeable issues you find when using one of those browser would be very useful.
For now, the clean and lean interface should be suitable for playing games with more settings than you will find anywhere else on the web.

Have fun and we hope to hear from you.

You can use the Contact link at the bottom of any page (in the game site) to send an anonymous message to us.

Offline Sir Osis of Thuliver

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Beta Testing!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 01:12:53 AM »
Pretty cool Peace. Now we just gotta get a few people over here to play.

Offline welder572

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 02:11:46 AM »
Here I am.

Offline dredard

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:42:13 PM »
Awesome Peace!!!!!

Offline Red Dwarf

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 11:02:40 PM »
its starting to breathe!

Offline Aces of Dies

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:15:21 AM »
Can I unassign my armies?  And, I am not sure i like the fact that opposing players can see the number of armies I place.

Other than that.

I thinks its stellar. The random map is cool. The way to use the tenacles should prove to be useful. A wierd combination of elements and original GC maps.
The depth of the possiblities in game variations is astounding. Its going to take some time to work out all the nuances of the maps and methods to use. That alone will keep multis out, or from overbearing games.

also,I am away from home and playing on dial up, it seems to be working fine.

Nice

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 07:33:07 AM »
Yes, you can unassign by clicking the No Action button.  It removes the reinforcements and attacks from the selected area.

Aces, thanks so much for the info about your experience using a dial-up connection.  Speed is a vital element to making this site enjoyable and possibly competitive.  Granted, there probably are no simultaneous user as yet, but even so, it is important to know at this stage.

Offline Aces of Dies

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 12:10:16 AM »
Contacting admin works.

Offline Aces of Dies

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 10:31:11 AM »
I tried to forfiet game 389. I am not sure it went through. Sorry I judy cant play right now.

Offline dredard

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »
just want to say as of today 10/5/09, the site was incredibly faster than it's ever been with the page loads on attacks and reinforcements, etc...

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 03:48:53 AM »
Thanks for the info D.  It is hopefully due to the new map generation updates I've made.  Or, your ISP stopped screwing you on bandwidth.

Offline SlugReborn

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
    • ThatJimGuy
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 09:38:08 PM »
Hey PM just wanna say that the more I play, the more I like it (even though I'm getting my ass kicked).
It is a bit slow even over DSL, but not bad once you get used to the interface. It's not unreasonably slow. Good job, man!
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

Offline Peacemaker

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 04:49:48 PM »
Thanks Slug.  You may wish to check your DSL throughput to see if your provider is throttling back (aka screwing you).  I've had good feedback on speed on even low bandwidth connections.  I'm on a 100k connection and it is faster than Google and MSNBC.com.

Offline SlugReborn

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
    • ThatJimGuy
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 02:16:00 AM »
I realized other sites were slowing down as well. I think I had too many addons for FireFox. I got rid of some and it runs faster.
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

Offline WarrenG

• Subscribers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 07:02:47 PM »
there are lots of things that slow down computers, Id advise checking your task manager every now and then and deleting unneccesary functions that are not being used, and making sure to keep the ammount of processes from increasing, usually three big ones that waste connection speed are limewire, msn and bitcomet
Logic > Strategy